Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream.
The SC/ST cell of the college was established in 2013 with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students in the college. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for career orientation programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the of India and the UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
- To circulate State and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future